Platformers United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions

4 posters

Go down

[Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions Empty [Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions

Post  SuperSonic Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Could Georgia become the latest destination state for video game developers and filmmakers?

Elected officials hope so.

As reported by the Macon Telegraph, Georgia’s House of Representatives unanimously voted yesterday to pass a bill extending tax incentives to movie and game production:

House Bill 1100 would give movie, TV and video game producers up to a 20 percent income tax credit on spending of at least $500,000, more than double the current 9 percent tax break.

Bill sponsor Rep. Ron Stephens (R) noted that Georgia lost out on the Ray Charles biopic, Ray, due to a superior incentive package offered by Louisiana.

Source: GamePolitics.com
SuperSonic
SuperSonic
Admin

https://platformconnect.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

[Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions Empty Implications...

Post  SuperSonic Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:49 pm

How do you think this type of legislation will affect students and professionals in the industry? Will it really pull in new developments, game studios, and research?
SuperSonic
SuperSonic
Admin

https://platformconnect.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

[Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions Empty I feel...

Post  Shadow Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:16 pm

I think
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

[Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions Empty Woah

Post  AmyRose Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Respond!
AmyRose
AmyRose

Back to top Go down

[Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions Empty Everyone seems like they are at a loss for words...

Post  Knuckles Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:58 pm

I am a Computational Media major at Georgia Tech in Atlanta. I feel as though this type of legislation will bring more exposure and interest to this state in terms of gaming and development. There is already a wide network of students and professionals in the local academic community at other universities apart from Tech. Savannah College of Arts and Design and The Art Institute of Atlanta to name a few. As a student and an avid researcher I feel that we will benefit the most if this sort of policy is realized.
Knuckles
Knuckles

Back to top Go down

[Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions Empty Re: [Georgia] Tax Breaks for Video Game & Film Productions

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down